View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyduck View Post
I agree just because you are on the spectrum doesn't mean you are the same as anyone else on the spectrum. I've met 100 of autistic people over the course of our sons treatment. Wouldn't want to try to describe each individual. I also grew up in the 60s and had 3 young boys on our street that fit what I know now as autistic. We had a different word back then. They never went to school and never developed socially, but they were good people in adulthood.
Back in they day nobody wanted to admit they had intellectually challenged kids. They were hidden. Today they probably get over diagnosed but that's another issue.

As far as the vaccine thing goes. No comment!

We're probably on the same page with a lot of our opinions on the subject of diagnoses. Being that its only been diagnosed in recent decades there are plenty of people who had never been categorized with Asperger's or autism throughout human history because it wasn't recognized yet, though they would have stood out in their communities. I now recognize its traits in various degrees among lots of people; both in myself, in family lineage, friends and some of the random people that I meet in passing. One city inspector I deal with on occasion has a raging case that is highly annoying given his level of authority, though I'm not sure if he's aware of it. You can bet there were similar people for 10's of thousands of years prior to the advent of vaccines.