View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttle_monkey1 View Post
Again all that really says is that someone who is licensed to possess prohibited or restricted firearms MAY be authorized to TRANSPORT that firearm for any good & sufficient reason such as target shooting at a CFO approved range or shooting club.

It doesn't apply to what you do with your firearms in your house/dwelling.

I am pretty sure the bold lettering sums up not being a allowed to fire your pistol or restricted rifle in your back yard. That is unless it is

a) for use in target practice, or a target shooting competition, under specified conditions or under the auspices of a shooting club or shooting range that is approved under section 29;

This above is copied from
Transporting and USING prohibited firearms or restricted firearm.

I guess we need the definition of "using" to be further defined. As using and Transporting are not the same thing, yet under the same heading.
Hmm in wonder why that is.
It might be simply because inorder to use your restritced/prohibited firearm you need to be using as per above mentioned.
Unless your back yard is specified and or approved range I would think that shooting the firearm there would be agaisnt this. But interpretation is the key.

I can't wait for the rash of I got my firearms seized and licence suspended because I was shooting my pistol and AR of my back deck. The Police showed up and arrest me and seized all my firearms including hunting rifles.does anyone know how get around this so I can carry a firearm for huntig Season. Other wise my 10 years of priority for Jackolope will be wasted and I will miss this once ina life time hunt with my buddies.

Then a new new gun law will come out stating firearms must be encased on your property quadruple locked and have a tracking device attached. Every time.you take it out of its case and safe you must sign in on a secure website to repost it.

Cheers all.
End of the day do what you want.