View Single Post
Old 03-13-2017, 03:12 PM

1. They are not examples, they are in fact the only 2 lawful uses allowed by your ATT. In addition to those 2 allowed uses, you can transport for several other reason that are pre-determined reasonable. There are thousands of possible unauthorized places to discharge your restricted firearms, so instead of trying to accurately provide an unending list, the Regulation stipulate the 1 type of location where a restricted firearm can be discharge. ie a CFO approved range.

And again....if you are not actually TRANSPORTING the firearm anywhere,the argument is that "lawful uses authorized by your ATT" are irrelevant,and while it is "assumed" that the only places that one might normally and legally discharge a restricted firearm would be a CFO approved range,I've yet to see anybody provide the Section or subsection in the FA that specifically prohibits the discharge in any place other then a CFO approved range or deems it unlawful to do so.
I really don't care and don't have a dog in this fight,it's just fun to argue,lol.
I don't live on a rural property where I can legally shoot NR rifles from my deck,so again,not my battle to pick.
All I'm saying is there are those that think it is borderline legal and might have a strong case to argue in court.
There's two separate issues up for debate here really.1)is arguing that one hasn't actually transported the restricted firearm anywhere if they haven't left home with it,therefore conditions of the ATT are irrelevant,and 2)that the firearm has been discharged in an unauthorized location,which is not clearly defined,or rather,that the regs imply that the only place one might discharge a restricted firearm would presumably be at a CFO approved range,however they fall short of specifically prohibiting the discharge at any place other than a CFO approved range.