View Single Post
Old 03-11-2017, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TargetRick View Post
No, it's not an invitation to duel! It's a question about usage.

I'm pretty sure the answer is "No", but thought I'd ask: can I shoot pistols on private land I own?

I am a member of a range, but thought it would be nice - if possible - to take my Enfield .38 S&W and Swiss 7.5 revolver to shoot outdoors. Again, if possible.
To clarify what's above, it is illegal to discharge a RESTRICTED firearm not at a range. Don't do it and if you do so it treat it like Fight Club. I've heard of people trying to get a range certified on their land because all they want to do is a little target practice, but it ain't easy. Probably easier to get a trap line and a permit to carry it on the trap line only, but I know that's not what you're looking for.

Antique handguns may not be covered by this if they are not restricted, I know there are some that aren't and you could target shoot with but I don't know which or what details make the distinction. So, if you're going that way be damn sure you know the rules, and keep out of trouble because any LEO you meet may not be aware of that particular loophole. I do know our firearms laws are arbitrary and unnecessarily complicated, and see them mostly as rules intended to discourage shooting sports as a hobby over time.

Good reason to get an RPAL and a handgun if you don't have one already, and invite a neighbor to the range...