Thread: 30 cal???
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salavee View Post
Really ? Would that have anything to do with the velocity (lack of ) required out of a 7-08 to properly utilize those heavier C&C's and mono bullets ?
If you want to enlighten others I suggest to get your stuff together a bit more. Convince with facts - not dazzle with BS.
LOL, I'd love to have an in-person conversation about "facts". You know a guy feels like he's losing a debate when he has to resort to ad-hominem attacks...

The point in my using the 7-08 as an example, is that there are instances where higher SD does not lead to increased killing ability. There is more to killing effectiveness than simply SD, given equal design and caliber. Velocity plays a major role. There are only two rules of killing effectiveness that really matter when it comes to bullet selection:

1. A bullet needs "enough" penetration. Once you have sufficient SD to penetrate "enough", more won't help.

2. The more tissue damage a bullet does, the quicker it kills. That means expansion and velocity, assuming "enough" penetration as mentioned before.