View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 05:16 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigspiker View Post
Good old Apos
I could spend the the nite and into the wee hrs going on and on about the Apos old boys club
But .... I won't
I've been to the Apos meetings,conventions and trade shows and blah blah blah
I was an Apos outfitter/member for 17 yrs
How can we expect a self promoted,self governed self disciplined organization run by a board of directors who all own and operate self serving for profit privately run companies that have environmental,ecological,recreational and most importantly to them economical impacts that are all based on a crown owned resource (wildlife)
Never mind local hunting opportunities,tag allocation and access/permission issues I know all too well
If I sound like I have an axe to grind ... I do ,Apos is out of control !
To many dirt bags out their under the guise of being "Professional"outfitter/guides and way to many experiences I could share of slob outfitters and rogue guides ,two of which started this topic
Maybe if they just drop the P in Apos we wouldn't expect anything more or less from their president and voting members
So speak up ,it's time for change
It sure sounds like you have them down there with lawyers, politicians, & journalists!!!! I don't disagree for the most part. Most of those that I know locally are decent people and I respect that. I have also had my share of run-ins with arsehole outfitters, where I am told that it is their exclusive territory, even to the point where I was told that they had exclusive permission on my land, and tried to kick me out!!! I will converse with them, and depending on their attitude, I have been known to tell them and continue on my way.

Last edited by catnthehat; 03-10-2017 at 06:22 AM.