View Single Post
Old 03-02-2017, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoseto View Post
I have the exact sight the OP is asking about. First two pins are .019 and next two are .010. It works well like that. The sight also has a small light for times I want brighter pins. At times I wish I had all .010 pins and then I would use the light more but I don't think it really matters. I found the larger pins at longer distances tend to starburst a little more. And the small pins at longer distances limit my range in low light (unless I brighten the battery powered light). If you want a bright pin with no use of battery powered light, I'd suggest a different sight (like Montana black gold) and the larger pins for 20 - 30 - 40. If you don't mind the light, then it may not matter much what configuration you have and you'll just get used to whatever it is.
It's a great sight btw
The starburst and pin size at distance are why I was thinking about 0.010 for longer ranges. I am thinking that I am closer to a decision and it is probably the set-up described of 0.19 x 2 and 0.010 x 2. I am not against using a light, just trying to understand how quickly the pins dim in the shoulder hours. Thanks.