View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 01:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporty View Post
Hey all, new to fishing and I plan to partake in the Alberta fishing weekend coming up. I've been reading through this thread and was thinking of heading to Swan Lake. Since I don't really get the opportunity to fish to often I just have a basic rod and reel and very little in the way of tackle. I was hoping that someone would be kind enough to break down the posts in this thread for me in "fishing for Dummie's" terms that I'd understand and know what to buy for tackle :P Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks ahead of time for any replies
If i were you i would go into grande the nearest tackle store theres alot here in grande prairie and just ask what is good fish with at swan lake. They will flat out tell you what is good at this moment. Apparently chironomids dont work as well cause its too late this time of year he gave me a few lures to try. If i were you i would just by some power bait or a spoon that is about 2-3 inches all with bright colours like bright red. It just rained alot here so the water is colder and the larger fish are surfacing. I tried the lures the guy gave me and they work like a miracle. Best advice for you is type in the types of lures we mentioned into google and you will see a picture