View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterfisher View Post
What area are you in?
I'm south of calgary and I have a pretty similar problem. Unfortunately with the high h2s content I needed some kind of chemical to remove the smell. Our iron was low so we have relatively soft water and other than that it's just fine. The peroxide drop was out only choice.

Install was 4000.00
Pales of peroxide are about 50.00 each and last around 2-3 months. The system flushes itself every week and that's good because if you have a system that is flishing daily, it has an affect on your septic well.
The smell is still there sometimes when new well water is replenished in the holding tank and is quickly used for showers or what have you but if it has enough time(a few hours) to let the peroxide work, there's hardly any smell.
I also installed a 300 dollar under counter RO for kettle and boiling food but I still purchase big jugs of water for our water cooler.
We are just west of red deer, pretty much a part of it, like 2k out. From what I can tell both of our iron and h2s readings are pretty low, just enough that something should be done. Maybe thats why we didnt get the same system suggested to us as you use? thats alot for chemicals every 2-3 months whew.

No one told me that about the flushing causing problems with our sectic?!?! thats really important to us as our sepric is kind of non descript the old owners didnt really know how it works, it drains out somewhere but no one can find where it dreains out, so some people think there could be a very old feild under all the trees and stuff lol
It is functioning currently and we would like to keep it that way becasue it will cost us 25,000-40,000$ to get a new tank and feild put in

I agree with you on the still buying jugs, its what we plan to do for drinking water due to the salt in our well water, do you find your 300$ under the counter system works just fine? how much do filters cost you a year? and do you wish you would have bought one of the proffsional ones ffrom the companies instead?