View Single Post
Old 02-02-2017, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavYak View Post
Both Jiffy and Eskimo offer 5 year warranty now. Jiffy vs Eskimo is personal preference imo, guys have had good or bad luck with both brands. I have used both and they are both good in my eyes. The propane augers and the ion's are good too.

I prefer a propane or ion if you use a suv/car as your main vehicle. Gas will leak and will make your car stink. I also prefer either of these for drilling inside a tent/shack, a gas motor will smoke you out.

I prefer gas or propane if you do lots of multi day trips or usually drill a ton of holes. Gas if you live up in Fort Mcmurray or north where it is often colder then here.

For propane I like the Jiffy for 8 in holes but the Eskimo for 10 in since it has lower gearing and more torque.

For Eskimo gas augers I prefer at least the 43 cc for 8 in and the 51 cc for 10 in.
I have the eskimo M43, came with a 8" and I recently updated it to a 10". Lots of power for the 10". Have had it for well over 5 years now and no problems other than me breaking the thumb throttle lever twice. LOL. Always starts within 2 pulls if primed and choked. I have seen them offer the M43 new with the 10".
What ever you get, buy a 10" Great to look through a picture window and pulling a larger fish other than perch up through the hole. Much easier to ice a fish and less fish lost at the hole.

Gonna get me a 16" perch.