View Single Post
Old 01-30-2017, 01:12 PM

Default No Highway Vehicals/ Atv's off road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcoat27 View Post
Unfortunately off road vehicles have done it to themselves. This maybe be the start of more closures. I think it is up to responsible Atv users to take a stand, if you see someone acting in an appropriate manner then report it to authorities.
There's not many areas that large off road trucks can go in the castle , there are areas where smaller trucks can get but they are good trails and not many places to get off those trails. For the most part if your driving In the south from my perspective is the damage comes from ATV's and not trucks. The trucks stay on the trails turn around and come out. The quads push through the holes, stir up the trails and make more mud holes from getting stuck. I've never seen a pick up going more then 20 k's an hour on the trails but yet you could get past by 15 quads that go 60 to 100 km's an hour tearing up the trail... Its amazing to see that but no one says anything about that.

I think that there should have been more enforcement in the castle instead of all the cutbacks and we would not even been in this situation. We will now see hunting go right down the drain along with your camping in your favorite spots, We will be quading an 4x4'ing but we will be crammed into the already crowded rec areas in the south. Wait till we see the first hotel, or gas bar come up in the Lynx Carbondale junction and think well that wasn't in the plan. Well it is! it in the online survey about how much development are you willing to have in the Castle Wildlife area, you can't give a proper response to that question or many others on the survey. I believe it was in another report I read and i'll link to it.

And goodbye to hunting in the south... Since I was 5 when I took my first elk with my Father and Uncle I've been hunting the same grounds, it has changed.. roads and bridges are added.... trails rebuilt. But you can still go find a bull or chase a big mule but you have to work for it. That's all going to be gone for everyone, but you'll be able to go hike and go for a mountian bike ride!. It dose not say that now but I'd be willing to bet that will change just like they said when this first came through that quads and highway traffic would be allowed but restricted, but now not allowed.

Voice your opinions to MLA!