View Single Post
Old 11-19-2016, 07:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranch11 View Post
I live near the beaver river. I used to always take my dog with me on the trails along the river. Not anymore. Way too many resident trappers out now. MD puts on trapping courses seems like weekly now. Way too many snares out there. trapper just north of my house has sets out right now for coyotes. I spoke with him the other day and explained my concern to him with his sets so close to my place. He just shrugged em off. I'm pretty sure it was one of his snares that I found on one of my foals. He shrugged it off. Personally, I think he's way to close to residents for setting snares.
I get permission in my area to call and shoot coyotes. Lately, I've had numerous neighbours phone me when they see em around.
Interesting post. I'm not familar with the area you are talking about. It must all be private land for resident trappers to be able to trap there. I have never heard of more then one resident trapper per private area, but I suppose it is possible.
Was your foal on someone else's property when it was snared, or was snare set illegally on your property?
I'm surprised you didn't report the fellow you confronted, esp if you think he is setting ilegal snares on your property.