View Single Post
Old 10-26-2016, 07:59 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Because then you don't have to strip it all back out to cast again. Sometimes I reel in, sometimes I don't. I'm in no rush to get a 6" fish onto the reel and drag. LOL

I agree with some others that you often don't need a reel, or much of reel, for many smaller fish (and some larger). I just like to have something with a nice drag as a backup. I mean, if you are buying a reel anyway, why not have a nice drag. If you can't or don't want to spend the extra money, understood. This really is one of those YMMV issues. Eye of the beholder. If Millsboy wants a nice reel, Millsboy should have one.

You also don't need anything more than a Savage Axis to kill an elk, yet those Sako's and Weatherby's keep flying off the shelves.

Its not like I want to put every single fish on the reel, 99.9% of my intent for this post was to be for that one fish in 100, that big one your don't want to lose. I had a 26"er on today and a huge smile came across my face when she took her first run and that really smooth drag took over. I was extremely happy not to have my old reel on there.

This was the fish of the year for me and it was landed, not to say that I couldn't have done it on my dragonfly ... I am just saying I am glad I didn't have to try.