View Single Post
Old 10-18-2016, 08:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotezh View Post
Recently on my hunting trip, there is a strange thing happened. I usually sight in my rifle in the summer and always have 100% confidence on accuracy. two days ago, I arrived at an abandon oil site at the middle of the day so I thought maybe I could check my rifle. I am happy I did it.....To my surprise! my first two shots were not even on the target paper. I had no choice but spent almost an hour to re-sight in my rifle with almost half box of ammo.

Do you check the accuracy of your rifle after a long trip? how do you keep your rifle while traveling? in the bag or box?

any suggestion would be very much appreciated.
Quote:
yeah.... I am having concerns about the next trip. Should I bring this rifle to Cabelas for a re-installation? They installed the scope for me last year. One thing I forgot to tell you. I forgot to clean the oil out before brought it for hunting. Will the oil left in the barrel affect the accuracy so much?
Quote:
Thank you. Maybe the first choice is to bring it to Cabelas and let them re-install it for me before the season ends...lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
I think you've discovered the problem not the solution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokinyotes View Post
Im with chuck on this one. I wouldnt let Cabelas touch any of my rifles or scope. Where are you at, im sure lots of guys will mount it for you for nothing, including me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leo View Post
If you are in the Edmonton area I will show you how to check and remount your scope. PM me if you're needing help.

Answer this post I do believe this individual will give direction.