View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 08:15 AM

Thanks Cowtown. That is a very good point. I see what you mean about the fit. The 300 is definitly not a good fit for me. I also don't like what it does to deer. It is overkill for what I am looking for.

Now that I think of it, it probably does have too much recoil for me and I just didn't recognize it as the recoil affecting me because there are a whole combinations of things happening at the same time. The gun is too heavy, too long and after I'm done shooting my muscles don't necessarily feel sore so much as fatigued.

I do understand that fit is definitly the top consideration, my .17 feels awesome to shoot, but what I am trying to decide is which calibre I should look at once I find that perfect gun. My top two choices are the 7mm-08 and the .308. I was reading lots of posts and lots of guys seem to recommend the .243 for women but the fellows I have been talking to seem to have mixed reviews on it. I have lots of time to do my research and find the perfect rifle which is why I am even on here. I will definity be checking out many stores. I don't want something that I am not going to like. I definitly will look more closely at the fit when I do my shopping around.

One thing I did notice about the Browning is that I really like the feel of the dura-touch armour they have on the composite stock. I was given the opportunity to handle the Tika and the Browning side by side and was impressed with the feel of the browning. I don't think I have ever touched a remington.

Does the make of the gun affect what it feels like when it is shot? I really liked the feel of the Browning at the counter compared to the Tika, but would there be a marked difference at the firing line? Is it possible that I would like the Tika better at that point or does how it feel at the counter give you a good idea of what it would feel like to shoot? I know it seems like I am writing a novel. Shows how naive and new I really am. I just want to invest wisely.