View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 10:45 AM

Default Falls Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipco View Post
I won't deny that logging, oil and gas companies do their share of damage.
Many of them also employ people so they can pay mortgages, put food on the table, buy clothes for their kids, etc.

What benefits do OHV's provide besides making a lot of money for a few dealerships that sell them.

15,000-25,000 OHV owners ( probably a very low estimate) and you're trying to tell me they do no damage to the environment?

Denial, denial denial. For shame.

What ever happened to the days we got off our fat lazy asses and walked a cut line or rode a horse to areas that can now be reached with noisy, stinking, troglodyte owned, environment destroying quads and side by sides?

Denial, denial, denial.

Really Pip? I am an avid outdoorsman ...hunting and fishing... And also a hobby farmer and acreage owner. 40 acres. I use my quad(s) for all the above as well as enjoyable recreational use. Oh I get it, because you have horses, then everyone should have them and ban quads ! Get off your high horse ! What about snowmobiles ? I have 5 ! Love using them....oh right, ban them too and everyone get your snowshoes out because Pip has snowshoes ! What about all the small engine repair shops ? How many jobs there? All the side jobs and expenses from RV users ? Gas stations, restaurants, trailers, etc... That isn't even the point Pip. Your obviously one of those that feels that because you don't enjoy an activity....then all others should be banned from it. Many in PETA feel that fishing is brutal and should be stopped and all farmers are murderers. To each his own. It is about mutual respect, responsibility and focusing on the facts. FACTS ! When I read about farm owners that have abused animals and have been shut down or fined.... I don't believe that is the majority. When I see efforts to have farmer markets shut down in name of 'consumer safety' I see that for what it is ... Big Business trying to monopolize the food business and put small farm operators out of business. All in the name of protecting the public from eating a bad egg. Forestry, logging, are the big destroyers of our forests and habitat. Not recreational OHV use.

Last edited by Mercoal; 06-02-2016 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Misspelling