View Single Post
Old 05-29-2016, 05:54 AM

Default 2000.00 plus

You can spend that kind of money on a custom, and then find out later that the resale value on it will not come anywhere close.
I have gone both routes in the past, custom and off the shelf. I have to say that I am a huge fan of the new Blasers. So many options, you can change it up with, if you get tired of the caliber. Heck, for about a 700.00 bolt assembly you can keep one gun in the safe that converts to either right or left handed!
I have a few of the blaser R8 models. Three barrels covers hunting for pretty much anywhere in the world. 9.3x62 for the bigger stuff, the good old 30-06 for everything in between, and a 22-250 barrel for the varmints. I purposely went to this route to avoid having to change up the bolt face, but if you want to buy the magnum, it can be changed out without tools in about thirty seconds.
I can use the same scope assembly (obviously you would have to re-sight between different barrels, or you can buy multiple scopes accordingly).
Some people refer to this set-up as the "lego" gun. It is up to your imagination how you want it to look for your next hunt!