View Single Post
Old 05-21-2016, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
Too bad you don't live closer.

The other two are about living off the land. It's not just Mint that I harvest, there are a number of other plants I gather for the table. Lambs Quarters for example. They are better then Spinach and very easy to find and gather.
There is also Strawberry Blight, a great trail snack, Rose petals, makes a charming sweet tea, and others.
Fiddle Heads, Rat Root, ext.

We have stocked Trout here but I don't fish for them. I much prefer Pike and Walleye. I used to fish for Cuthroat Trout on the Ram River years ago and Rocky Mountain Whitefish and Grayling but these days I go for the best table fare.

I am thinking of trying for Perch. I know a Lake that is supposed to have lots of them and I do fish it. Very few people even know this lake exists so there is next to no fishing pressure. It has tons of small Pike and apparently a ton of Perch.

Since the limit on Pike is only three, being able to catch Perch would be a great addition to a trip since it is a ways to drive. Two hours for me in fact.

I would be on that Lake tonight if it hadn't snowed, but the trail in is impassible in wet weather.
Awww yeah, it's poor weather this weekend