Thread: Climbing stands
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2016, 08:45 PM

I have a Lone Wolf Assault climber and my wife just got me a Hawk Warbird LT for Christmas. I haven't actually used the Warbird yet, so I can't really comment on how good or bad it is. But it does seem like it's a nice tree stand. Looks super comfortable and doesn't way a ton.
I have been on many hunts with my Lone Wolf tree stand. I will say that it's not the most comfortable tree stand out there with the solid seat as mentioned above. One good thing is that you don't have to worry about falling asleep! But this year I spent 6 hours in it before I shot my buck and let's just say there were a few times that I contemplated getting down and walking around because I wasn't very comfortable. But the fact that it's a bit of a production to get up and down the tree, I refrained. I think that with this tree stand it's definitely harder to climb a tree than with the Warbird because it doesn't have that safety bar to sit on. But the plus side to it is that it's very well built. It's nice to carry because the seat and base fit together very well and don't move around. Which is more than I can say for the Warbird. I would tend to think that the Lone Wolf might be easier to bow hunt out of, and perhaps the Warbird for rifle... we'll see.