View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 02:53 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mmstwguy View Post
So you walk the whole line up in the bush? then snares would be a better option for you. What seems like more work to you is less work to me.
I did walk my lines in the beginning, but when Ski Doos came out I got one ASAP and seldom walked from set to set afterwards. But weight was still a major concern. One can only pack so much gear and fur in a sleigh, when you have deep snow and steep hills to contend with.

I use snares under the ice and coni's in open water. The coni's are mostly shore sets, like this one;

This set connected on three beaver in three days before I pulled it to concentrate on another colony.

A typical snare setup of mine;

And the first checking;

I've posted these photos before. They're all I've got.
When these photos were taken there was no such thing as digital photography and I was raising a young family so I didn't have a lot of money to spend on photography. It was expensive back then. Plus those cameras had a bad habit of failing when they got cold.

I wish now that I had taken tons of photos. There is so much I think you guys would find interesting, if I could show you what I'm taking about.
But it is what it is.

George Bernard Shaw