View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H380 View Post
Im guessing these guys are still Canadians tho , as the regs clearly state that non res aliens can only be hosted every 3 years . Also the hunter host must fill out a report at years end as to the success of the hunt whether something was taken or not .

Correct. I hunter host friends from the states every 3 years for whitetail. I can't go anymore that that without being a licensed outfitter.

1- Ruddies need a win number. AlbertaRelm for that.
2- Register them with the documentation provided at your local F&W office.
3- Both parties need to complete their section of the paperwork. Host/Alien. Paperwork needs to be handed in sometime during the summer, I can't recall at this point.
4- once everything is approved you can buy them any general tag you like. It used to be they were only allowed 2 animals. We always went Whitetail/Canine (coyote/wolf).

Not sure how much has changed in the last two years. I would for sure start with a phone call to F&W.

Another tip from a fellow hoster - If hunting on private land and asking for permission be sure to let the landowner know that you are hosting aliens. Lots of locals around here will let locals on every time, as soon as you bring in an alien they ask you stay of their land.

Good luck!