View Single Post
Old 02-05-2016, 05:53 AM

Google "behavioural descriptive interview questions" and even go to the websites of some of the major companies. You will find questions have evolved to "tell me about a time when......." It is based on the concept past actions are the best indicator of how you will act in the future.

If its a larger company an you have limited experience working in a large corporate culture those are the types of questions I'd focus on if I was interviewing you, and I've done hundreds in the past decade. Resume screening is where you filter out technical education and training, interview is where I answer two questions:

Is this a person who will fit in with the culture of my team/company?
How difficult will this person be to manage?

Red flags are someone who has ego issues, frequent job changes they can't explain, etc. My first question is going to be tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker and how did you handle it. I'm then going to ask who can verify that and they better be on your list of references.......and we will follow up and ask them about the incident so be warned.

Good luck, dress well, arrive on time, make eye contact and give clear honest answers and you'll do fine.