View Single Post
Old 01-21-2016, 09:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrayford View Post
^What kind of 6V batteries are you carrying that are 3-400 pounds? My 2 6V batteries *maybe* weigh in at 50-60 pounds each (that's a guess) but certainly not 150 pounds each. I've been running the 2 6V for the past 5 years and they haven't skipped a beat yet (I've probably just jinxed myself though)

I've also got a solar panel and controller to keep the batteries topped up - works fantastic! And a backup generator as well (hardly ever used)

J.
I switched out my 12 volt batteries for two six volt and I'm quite happy with them and they should outlast my 12 volts considerably. The only batteries I can think of that would weigh in a bit more would be the large industrial size batteries. If they are available in 6 volt I would be interested.

My friend spent a good $1200 putting solar panels on his trailer only to have them stolen and his ruff damaged in the process. I was considering this upgrade but have second thoughts now unless I can store and stand them outside the trailer which I assume wouldn't be too much of an issue. Hmm