View Single Post
Old 01-16-2016, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hat in the Cat View Post
Well seeing as weed is on its way to legalization, maybe we can take some pointers from their movement:

1. Defy all laws and carry on with use, possession and aquisition;

2. Stage rallies in front of Parliament and legislature buildings where you openly show your peaceful disdain for the law (perhaps open carry of restricted firearms) while singing songs;

3. Mail politicians samples (perhaps range passes would work better than firearms);

4. Stick together as a community, they did whether they were a billionaire, Doctor, student, total burnout, bong smoker or brownie baker; and

5. Run a huge campaign to debunk myths and run real facts (but avoid sounding like what will be perceived as NRA soundbites) to educate those on the fence of what a ban would accomplish.
A legitimate productive post. I don't own black guns but I sure as hell signed the AR15 petition. Campaiging for open carry isn't one of my top priorities, but I back the movement. "Give them an inch, and they will take a mile" maybe it's time to start taking miles for ourselves. We should be constantly working on more rights, not just simply defending the ones we still have.