View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntwat View Post
Happy new Year.

HW, can you please answer this? thx

What would happen to these outfitters in these zones with draws whose livelyhood depends on those allocations that they may have worked years and years to acquire or pay off. what is your opinion on what this group of people with families and lifetimes of investment of time and money etc...Who bought property and built homes and raised their children there because their allocations were in these zones? What is your solution if your method was introduced in the draw zones in Alberta?
Do you think they should be compensated? or how should that work?

I am playing devils advocate here. I hate waiting 12 years for my antelope draw as well. But I am thinking about the families that have outfitted in these zones, and there are tons of them( zones that require draw and families that live off the income of these permits) for years and rely on this income.

Again, not saying I agree at all with how the draw system works in Ab, because it really is a joke, but you seem to have one of the strongest voices here regarding this subject and you seem to have done your research and have remained extremely calm. hence the reason I have directed this toward you so we can look at things from a different angle maybe.. the ripple effect from these methods could and would have devastating effects on many people who call outfitting wha they do for a living.

Does this concern you or no?