View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
If I was making the same point as Huntwat I would have also quote the zone with P17 for moose. In doing so it shows how bad it really is.

Have they ever considered having residents apply for tags a year in advance. So this spring you would apply for the 2017/18 seasons. What ever is left over from the resident draws, give those tags to the outfitters along with whatever general tags. This would give the outfitters 1 year notice to sell there tag inventory and plan accordingly.
So let the outfitters have whatever tags are leftover from the resident draw a year in advance. Seems like a great idea to me. Kind of like undersubscribed tags but early so the outfitters could use them. So 450 outfitters would lose any allocations they have that are on draw (about 50-60% of their business). Then when residents apply and there are 100 November moose left over the outfitters could apply for those tags. Then try and sell a late season moose hunt in a northern WMU where they have no camp or experience hunting, should be an easy sell.
But what about the residents that are now losing out on the undersubscribed draws they used to get. That isn't fair at all for them. Now they're losing out on more opportunity ?
Draw wait times won't be reduced anyway because so many residents apply for these draws, now you want to take away their back up plan ?