View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFY View Post
Hey elk . Pretend you are in the middle class for a second. No everybody can afford that hit at once . Most do live pay cheque to pay cheque . So this in not an option. Why is it I should not be able to apply for what ever I want? That is right. I can because there is no two teared system so guys cant go to the front of the line .
I am actually retired and living off of a pension, so I am in the middle class. If you can't afford to pay $100 for a couple of draw tags at one time, then you can't afford to pay to fuel up a truck to go hunting, let alone the other expenses associated with hunting.

Quote:
I agree...But why not do like many States do, put up the money upon entry. If drawn it is paid out for the tag immediately if not it is refunded.

A buddy puts out a couple thousand of dollars a year putting in for tags in the U.S. He gets most of it back unless he pulls a tag, this year he hunted Arizona Coues Deer tag cost was right around $600. At least if they choose to not use the tag, the money for the tag goes back into the system.
I am just not overly thrilled about advancing the government money, and then having to wait for a refund. And with our present government, I feel even more strongly about this.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 01-03-2016 at 07:58 PM.