View Single Post
Old 12-13-2015, 07:47 PM

I think to protect archery season it should be limited to recurve and longbow. Compounds offer too much mechanical assistance in way of let off. It's hard to be righteous about having to hold draw when the cams have taken the majority of that away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydro1 View Post
Now there's a curveball.
I have had 5 shoulder surgeries and can no longer pull a bow either the traditional or compound. I will say though, calking a crossbow is not easy.

Here it is boys;

The crossbow is heavy, awkward, noisy to carry.
A conventional bow is light, easy to carry, and pretty much noiseless.

Similarities;
Both have cams, arrows/bolts, high tech luminous sights and a string.

I will gladly lay my crossbow down when you self-righteous bow hunters lay your compound down; and commit to a traditional re-cure.

The mechanics of hunting with either is all the same; i.e. stalking, distance, scent, wind etc.

Too many guys watch too much TV and those guys always make it so easy with either a crossbow, any bow or any style of rifle....

Get over it; crossbow hunting is very difficult but it still allows a person to to further enjoy a wonderful pastime .... IMHO.

BTW, I have harvested 1 deer in that last 4 years, so I have left a ton in the field, for the rest of you bow hunters.......

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.