View Single Post
Old 12-13-2015, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottymouth View Post
Anyway.... id like to join the Alberta crossbow association. ... anyone know why their website is down? And how much is their membership fee?
Maybe ABA could have a division, and therefore membership, for crossbow folks too. Then guys like me wouldn't feel like outcasts from the string-propelled-pointy-stick-with-fletching-on-the-other-end crowd so much

Think about it, it would add strength and numbers and voices to items of mutual concern. It could be called the ABCBA - the Alberta Bowhunters and CrossBow Association

With the ABA crowd I'm a welcome prospect - 'cause I have used and hunted with a recurve - a bow that really bows when ya draw it back!. Those 'bows' that don't bow and have training wheels just aren't for me. I like the real thing . I hunted with a real bow long before them training wheel thingys came out. I hear everybody that uses them have sights - some even have scopes now! And triggers - yup, triggers! Who'd have ever thought those things would be called 'bows'

But on the other hand, because I like crossbows too, I'm an evil pariah, maybe worse

On second thought - about my good idea above - it would never work. The ABA would make us crossbow folk meet in the outhouse - but only after we muck it out