Thread: 404
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2015, 09:52 AM

Default 404

Been hunting 404 hard trying to connect with my elk since opener. Any guys/gals hunting this zone that dont allready know the rules here is a tidbit of info for you so you dont end up in a court hearing. You are not allowed to hunt with in 365m of the highway ( in a straightline, as the crow flies, not 365m up a hill) also seen many people with in the 365m with their rifle slung and bolt (assuming rounds in gun also) in their gun. The 365m rule is due to it being a sancuary for animals, hense your firle needs to be cased(gun sock at a min), bolt out and rounds out of rifle. I have been checked twice this season arriving back at the truck(always had mine legit so no problems) and have had good conversations with the CO's. They told me it is a mandatory court date for bolth offenses that they take very seriously and you will not win in court. So please know the rules and laws for each zone as i have seen one elk carcass in the 365m zone and numerous hunters this year with rifles loaded right in the parking lots this year. I will be reporting all obvservations of law breaking as its not fair to anyone or any animal. Thanks for your time.