View Single Post
Old 11-07-2015, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
looking good! maybe you could find an old boat trailer or flatdeck to haul it on instead of busting your back to get it in the truck.
I may end up looking into a trailer but hoping to stick with the truck. Loading it is easy with the hand winch mounted on the back. I just run the strap under the shack and hook to a chain in the box of my truck. As I crank the winch it lifts the shack up and into my truck. I just haven't worked out a nice system for unloading it without anchoring it to the ice and driving out from under it.

Quote:
another thing I found out from experience last winter is you might want to get a couple elbows and run your chimney outside, I had cement board and heavy galvanized behind my stove and was burning too many pallet boards (very high heat) and set the wood panelling behind the stove on fire even through the materials. makes for a bit of excitement on the lake I found the heavy elbows at Home Hardware and Campers village sells the whirleybird cap. modified the wind vane myself
So did it burn behind the stove or the chimney? Not sure how running the pipe outside would prevent the stove from burning the wood behind it.

Quote:
If you do a lot of sight fishing you dont want the inside of the shack bright you want it dark so you can see down the hole better.
I have a couple ideas to block out the light but not sure what I'll decide on yet. Any suggestions?

I'm also looking for good, cheap ideas on how to water proof the sides. So far I'm thinking a quality exterior paint with flashings on the corners but I'm open to suggestions.