View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
They also have roving inspection stations. There was one at Lower K last week. Got inspected there. They are looking for Urasion Millfoil from BC, and from the east they are looking for zebra mussels.

If millfoil gets into our lakes it is nasty and will choke out our lakes. Lots of lakes in BC have millfoil. Even one small piece will grow.

There is up to $100,00 fine for going past the check stop without stopping. The check stops are new as of April 2015, so I don't think they will charge anyone this year for not stopping. But going forward I think they will get tougher.

The inspection only takes a few minutes. They really try to be quick and efficient. The one's I have been in have been really good. They have been curtious and have not wanted to hold up anyone longer than they have to.
I went through the Crowsnest Pass station at the scales and I was told 20% of people do not stop. They said unless the offender got lippy IF he/she was chased down nothing would happen. I wonder how many deflated rafts and other water craft completely hidden stop? End of this long weekend with the never ending traffic returning to the cities I would believe the line ups for inspections will be very long and many will just not bother.