View Single Post
Old 06-25-2015, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornedeerhunter View Post
I did some digging today and I was a little shocked at what I found. Despite the fact that the Rangers will now have a quality rifle that is incredibly well made and the end product is exactly what they and the CF wanted, the cost is shocking.

Like anything that is controlled by the government, costs balloon. Please don't blame the military, we don't make those decisions but.....

Look up the current population of Canada according to stats can, This procurement of 6500 rifles cost every Canadian man, woman and child......... $1.25

I know, I know........
I just got off the phone with my CAF contact and he basically told me the sme thing.
When I mentioned the Pelican case , he told me that everything comes in a Pelican these days, whether or not they are actually used after issue.
I will not post what he said about the Pelican versus a drag bag versus how the rifles will actually be used!!
Cat