View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhawk View Post
I have been an AO member for some time. However, sometimes months will go by without looking at this site. I am probably way out touch with the consensus of members regarding commenting on whether certain hunting techniques are to them unacceptable. It seems that things have been worked out here that no one is supposed to criticize what another hunter is doing as long as it is legal. If this is the case, I think it is wrong. There are lots of young hunters that avidly follow what is said on this site. I think it is important that all members feel free to take positions on whether certain hunting methods and techniques are ethical or not. At the very least it will get the inexperienced hunters thinking about what they are doing. I am not in favour of - do what ever you like as long as it is legal.
That is fine, but keep your opinion to your self as other people are probably not in favor of the way you do things. Ethics are different for everybody and know one is right or wrong as long as it is legal.

Comparing taking a pop shot to baiting where legal is not the same thing. No one here is saying it is alright to wound animals, only if baiting is legal then there is nothing wrong with it. If you don't like it, or it doesn't fit your ethics, don't do it.