View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 01:21 PM

Jeromeo,

Had a similar experience at SPA, held my tongue and walked out of the store. I'll never go back. Went back to Trophy Book Archery in Spruce Grove, where I bought my first bow in 2003, and have had nothing but awesome service from them. Even put a deposit on a bow and then had it refunded by them when I found something better online. No complaints at all from them. In fact, even though it's not normally their policy to do so, they told me they'd rather refund my deposit and have me come back to their store again than walk away mad and never return. I'd rather spend my money at a place like that than put up with arrogant young s**ts bad-mouthing my equipment and then trying to sell me their stuff at over-inflated prices.

Let me share another secret with you: www.archerytalk.com. Have a look at their Free Classifieds section. There's exponentially more "gear-chasers" in the States than there are in Canada all looking to "upgrade" to the latest and greatest. most would rather sell to fellow archers than take their stuff to eBay, where they could probably get more money for it. Even with the exchange rate you're still ahead of the game. This is not to say that you shouldn't buy local. Our archery shops need our business in order to survive and I'm all for sharing the wealth. But I'd rather pick up a $700 bow for $350 (for example) on www.archerytalk.com, and then have money left over for other gear that I can buy locally. Just my two cents. Good luck with the new bow and good hunting.