View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 06:55 PM

Default Samsung TV's

For what its worth, we have a Samsung 58" Plasma, and a Samsung 46" LED. Thank god we purchased the warranty plan for four years. Both TV's have crapped out 3 times each. The Plasma's volume control rocketed up to full volume, and even when you get the volume back down again with the remote, as soon as you let go of the button, the volume goes back up all the way. Japan Video in Edmonton is the company thats does the warranty service and the technician said after the third time it was repaired, that I would get a new (or Newer) TV.
The 46", when turned on, would turn off and on 5-6 times before it stayed on, pixelation was choppy, and it was repaired as well 3 times.
I would stay away from ANY Plasma TV as I have noticed with our 58", that the heat generated from the back, heats up the living room so much, it fakes the furnace thermostat to think the house is warm. Plus my power bill is up by an average of $25 a month in electricity costs.
Our 46" LED is nice and cool.
We were told by the salesman that a Plasma TV is more suited for bright sunlit rooms, which is what our living room is like, so him being an excellent Hypnotist, we were talked into the Plasma.
All I can say about Samsung is DON"T!!
Just an opinion, others may have good luck. Unfortunately we didn't

Lock your wife and your dog in the trunk of your car.
After one hour, open the trunk and see who is happiest to see you!!!

If you won't stand behind our Troops,
Feel free to stand in front of them!!!!!