Thread: Bow Accuracy
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2007, 11:21 PM
Duffy4

The reason I started up that other thread that got locked is because I was trying to change the focus of the discussion. I don't think it is so important to get into weather a cross bow is a big advantage over a vertical bow. To me that is not the question (as I tryed to state in the other thread.

Is a vert. bow less efficient and harder to hunt succesfully than a modern centerfire rifle? I think we will all say yes and so there is a valid reason to have a special early "archery season"

Is a cross bow less efficient THAN A CENTERFIRE RIFLE? I think we can all say yes. (forget about comparing it to a vert bow) So perhaps a crossbow has a valid reason (just like the vert bow does) to have a special early season. And rather than its own season, why not lump it in with the special early "archery season? Not because it is as or nearly as "primative as a vert bow but because it is a long way from a modern centerfire rifle.

If one says "No a cross bow does not deserve a special early season" then maybe we should look at if a vert bow deserves a special early season.

Now I hope people will understand my point of view and not respond to this with arguments comparing cross bows to vert bows.

Robin