View Single Post
Old 04-28-2015, 08:05 AM

Default secret spot revealed...again

Quote:
Originally Posted by the local angler View Post
ids i also agree with you that's why i also think this whole Persian carp thing is a hoax. i do believe it is in some of the reservoirs but i find it hard to believe its all over like the rumors are saying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the local angler View Post
well i hit alot of these lakes and ponds that were mentioned in the first few posts about this issue like dewitts, with the methods mentions along with other's that i met looking to catch some of these carps, no one has gotten a single bite or sign is why i am finding it hard to believe. obviously if the news and trout unlimited are reporting on them there is some truth to this issue i just haven't even seen any sign of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorg View Post
I think this thread is a long running April fools joke. I ran my nets in Weed lake today and it still contains glass worms, which don't live in bodies of water containing fish. Every fall I harvest river shrimp in the exit canals from Chestermere and Dalmead lakes ... lots of fish trapped in them ...still have not seen a carp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger View Post
To be honest I'm quite pi***d about quite a few of the comments.

No one is questioning that there here in AB. It's the comments about "water boiling with them" that has a few scratching there heads. Then some members asked where to go to catch some? You said you attached a map on page 2 of this thread. I have looked at your map and it's does not show anything but a bunch of ponds and marshes over a pretty large area, are all of them "boiling" with Carp?

If you have a spot that you want to keep to yourself for fishing - fair enough. But let's start sharing specific spots so people can go and catch them and feed them to the coyotes. I bet the are many many members with kids that would like to have a crack at these.

My $1.50 again on this topic. Even if it p****s of some.

Dodger.
No one is questioning they are here?....Hwy#2 North to Hwy #567 East to Hwy#9 North again, First right (East) on Township #273, first right on lease road (South) First Left (East) follow to lake (largest body of water in the area). If you look at all the creeks on the map that come out of this water body and head into various other water body's as well as more larger creeks and irrigation canals. I would think its safe to say they are not in one isolated marsh or pond in the area...specific enough? I don't care to catch these fish at all...so have at it! my $1.50 again on this topic.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@51.2837532,-113.5502505,13z
#1 win the lottery (so I could fish everyday)
#2 & 3 still thinking.....