View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 05:54 PM

Default Relax everyone

Folks. it's the internet. This is one of Alberta's most popular, diverse outdoor forums.

I believe the membership stretches into the 1000's, correct?

So while the majority (vast majority?) of people on the forum are good people, let's not be naive. Every forum has it's share of lurkers, leechers, people with less than, shall we say, above-board intentions. This one is no different.

And speaking specifically about leeching, there's no doubt, it's unquestionable in my mind that spots have been outed, hot-spotted, and impacted by internet publicity. Some of them through this very forum. If you don't believe me, try asking around for the latest ice fishing perch honey holes.

Bottom line; it's natural and prudent for people to be cautious and skeptical before divulging information. JoeK could have been a little more upfront and a little less vague about providing details about his course in the beginning. Especially if he's soliciting the public's input over a relatively anonymous internet forum. Greylynx's questions were well founded. To his credit, JoeK stepped up.

Having said that, there's no need for the rest of us to pile on and indulge in character assassination.

Anyways, to err on the side of not divulging spots I think is the best way to go. But I don't begrudge those who decided to participate in the poll. To each his own.

Smitty