View Single Post
Old 02-13-2015, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5Hines View Post
I know it probably feels like an invasion of privacy but I'd rather it be them than someone sneaking around looting houses.

I don't know much about the situation, did the residents who had firearms taken get all their guns back? If they did then whatever who cares. If they didn't then ya, sue them and get your stuff back.

I know people are all in a tizzy about this but personally I would rather the R.C.M.P. go into my evacuated house and take my guns than have some looter do it, even if the chances of my place getting looted were 1%.
While they're at it make sure they remove and document all of your other valuables, such as jewelry, cameras, art, your garage full of tools, your electronics and computer. We'll have to requisition that every detachment recieve an amphibious moving truck and plenty of packing supplies as well. Every officer will also all be trained by museum curators in the art of white-gloved materials handling & preservation. To be safe, before they move our computers it would only make sense that they brought a bunch of back up hard drives and had their IT staff make copies too. Leave no stone unturned!