View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 08:25 PM
Know what you mean

Default Know what you mean

Hey
The same thing happened to us a sister of mine saved our bacon. We had stop to check out some Elk sign and sat down and were not there for long. She got up and said that her cheeks were falling a sleep. I told her to watch our back trail about five minuts goes by and she looks at me and says here comes a bear so I got to my feet and said Bull @$#@ were alongs from the truck and it's no time to be kidding around. Then she quickly passed me my shot gun and said that a Big F@#$&*# bear is coing and he's huge. I look around the tree just enough to see the biggest Silver tip Grizzly coming up after us at less then 60 meters and closing. I've hunting a long time and everthing was wrong the wing was blowing right down to him he was moaning and his head was going from side to side I razed the gun and said to my self that if I missed he would kill both of us. QUICKLY I said lets get a few meters between us and start yelling Yo Bear I will tell you that the first few hardly came out. We made it to the place where the trail splits and his tracks were over our's in the snow. I looked at my sister and said lets get the H#$# out of here it took us 20 minuts to cover the mile and a half back to the truck. He had followed us just about the whole way in from where our truck was parked we both thanked the Lord for getting us back to the truck safely. If she had not got up and watched our back trail that bear would have had us both as the spot we were sitting was just off the trail on a log. You just never know. Be careful out there and hunt in teams I will from know on.