View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 09:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
Heavy hunting plans are finally being reached.

Next year will likely see a draw for six seasons each having 100 double cow tags and 100 bull tags. That's 1800 tags. There could even be a quota hunt or two added as well.....

There is talk to make the elk season in surrounding wmus a general licence starting in 2016.

It will take a few years, but this kind of hunting effort will bring the elk population down.
Very good news, but still not enough to control this herd.. No one seems to want to tackle the issues of costs ? I ask because I care and my concerns should be shared by all passionate people in our group..

Is millions of dollars a fair trade off for an opportunity hunt ? Can anyone answer as to where this mysterious money has come from ?

Another big concern will be the dynamics we are creating by removing mainly cows and only a small percentage of bulls.. This fiasco has been a game of catch up and really not a strong biological effort to follow proven management practices.

I loose so much faith in ESRD and the future of our heritage when I think of the elk at CFB.