View Single Post
Old 11-26-2014, 07:54 AM

Default Bowzone...Rifle Hunting Arrghhh

I need to vent a bit as it seems almost like an epidemic right now. I hunt in the bowzone on private land. I have been dealing with truck rifle hunters who are regularly shooting deer now that it is at the end of the season. I have tried to catch them but all I ever find is the tracks or chat with the neighbor. Last night, two shots and trucks driving like a madman to get out of the area as quick as possible with a deer in the back. Plates covered with snow of course. On the weekend it sounded like a rifle range near last light. The local farmers I deal with are frustrated as these "hunters" (I call them poachers) as they refer to them are damaging property and shooting around occupied land. I know we have multiple threads on land owner rights but no matter what we do, we are getting painted with the same brush. If from an ethics point of view, you are willing to trespass, damage property, use a rifle in the bowzone, cover up your plates....what are they not willing to do? It is worrying to be honest...

Tried reporting them but you need something for the police/FW to go on.