View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petew View Post
If you fletch right and the arrow is spinning right and the head is beveled to twist left I think it is going to be counter productive on impact.
I prefer a conventional blade. By the way How many know what type of DR. , Dr. Ed Asby is??

He didn't get a PHD in arrow lethality... if that job existed he'd probably be a likely candidate. He was an Ophthalmologist in the army. As far as I'm concerned, Ashby is the only person who has even attempted research on the matter that wasn't tied to a set of manufacturing tools that produced broadheads. I think many guys out there attribute too much of their success to one factor such brand of broadhead... as a result they ignore or are unaware of the other factors. The style of broadhead is important but is among a host of factors to improve your odds of success in making a clean kill. How often have wee seen stories posted where a bowhunter doesn't make a clean kill and attributes it to broadhead failure. No mention of the overall weight of the arrow, FOC, insert type... etc.

Blocks of concrete, hunks of plywood, phone books etc. are not the animals we hunt. Most broadheads on the market work when the archer does a reasonably good job with the shot ...it's when things go wrong.