View Single Post
Old 02-18-2007, 07:23 PM
grandzillaa

CBR hunter you are a young lady that likes to hunt and for you and all other ladies who like to hunt I say GOOD FOR YOU and stick to the stuff. For you all I bend the knee and take my hat to you. I also praise you and all hunters who hunt birds with dogs for I fell (just my OPINION...my FEELINGS) that a bird dog ought to used for what it was breed to do. I feel it is more cruel to let that talent go to waste.

I have a retired racing Greyhound and many people that we have meet hail us as heros because we saved a dog from certain death. Of all the dogs on this plant the Greyhound lives only if it runs, if it dosn't run it is death. That was true up to 1985...now they have adoption programs...yet many still die.

Anyway the point I want to make is that Greyhounds do like to run, some people say boy how do these racing places know that Greyhounds like to race or run fast...does the dog tell them and they go ha,ha,ha. To be honest yea some do tell you they like to run by their actions. My Greyhound ears go up when he is ready to run or he is in a excided mood and wants to play. It is run -hide- and catch me if you can. Almost 6 years later I saw him make a 11 foot broad jump last fall over lumber I had laid out on the ground for my deck. He started from a dead stop took one leap landed, one leap again and cleared all the boards. We took him to a few Greyhound greet and meets and we put a few in a inclosed grassy ice rink he he ran his heart out and a Greyhoung crossed his path and he jumped that dog and landed in a dead stop where the rest of the dogs were.

Do I support Greyhound racing, no not really...I don't like how they are couped up for many long hours in 4x3 cages. Plus a few other things. But Greyhounds were breed to run and a better way for them to show there talent is to go courseing. The kind that you can see on TV.