View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacty View Post
They are RATS and they do not belong. Ofcourse this is just my ******* opinion.
Obviously your not an opportunist and live in this area From the threads and discussions on this subject, most are all for opportunity and really don't understand a darn thing about this herd and the effects on the area.

To think they would round these up and slaughter for the public is asinine, or relocate to other areas... Who is going to pay for this ?

I have said all along, this particular situation is the storm providing an avenue for "paid" hunting in Alberta.. We are getting close, now we have issuing "land owner" tags to military personal who don't own these lands nor should they be put in the front of the line.. This can of worms is just a start really to something larger in the making..

How do you think the effected land owners feel about this step to issue this tag to the military personal ?

Earlier this year when the area was flown for a count, rumor has it the count was stopped at 7500 animals... Most who reside in this area have the 10 thousand mark currently in this area..

I found out this year there are 3500 head of cattle now grazing the area, this will only create more future problems IMO.

I'm all for opportunity, but this situation is an utter failure and worst case of mismanagement and finger pointing I have ever seen in our province...

When the Southern part of our province experiences a bad winter and heavy snow fall, well there will be dead elk everywhere.....