View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 08:01 AM

I am very picky.... I have no problem with anybody drawing a bow as long as there is an arrow in it and you are going to shoot it.

I have seen people do all sorts of things and people let them....

They will draw the bow with a release on a sting loop with no arrow.... In this situation since there is no nock holding d loop apart it can actually make your d-loop move and the POI is changed....

Now I will draw an empty bow by hand to check things but I am also a bow mechanic....Even this sometimes people torque on let down and de-rail the cams.....

Best rule... don't draw back unless your ready to shoot!....

Why do people feel need to draw someone's bow anyways? What are they planning to do.... check timing? or just see if they can pull it!.... That is like someone putting a loaded bullet into a chamber while sitting in your living room after a few wobbly pops just to see if they can and then asking if they can feel how crisp the trigger is....

Take your release strap and close/buckle/Velcro it around the cables and string.... This does two things....

Your release is always with your bow so you don't forget it when hunting (usually find out after reaching hunting area and start gearing up)

Someone has to undo it to be able to draw your bow.... which gives you time to intervene!....