View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinN'flyfish View Post
You can keep two i think, regulations follow the mcleod?
No, there is a 0 keep limit on the Embarras. I wish I could have kept him because he probably wasn't going to survive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
X2 on that.

Rav, do you recall where you picked up that measuring board? I have been lookin for one like that. Thanks.
The measuring board is called a hawg trough and it is a great board. The only issue with it is that it only goes to 30 inches so not big enough for big pike.

I ordered mine from austin canoe and kayak while in the states. Ack, hook1 and cabelas(us site only) sell them, unfortunately I don't think any Canadian stores have them so shipping might be a bit pricey.

An alternative if you can't find one for a reasonable price is the Plano bump board, it is nice in that it expands from 18 to 36 inches. Thefishinhole and I thought Cabelas used to sell them but looking on both of their websites it seems they don't anymore though... Frabill has one on amazon that looks pretty much the same for only $13 and free shipping on orders over $25 though. I personally like the hawg trough better as it is more durable but the expandable would be a lot easier to carry if hiking in etc.