View Single Post
Old 08-23-2014, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
Load your snares. Snare loading is a method of adjusting the snare so that it has a rounder loop and will work more efficiently. To load the snare, grab the lock with your left hand and about 7 inches of cable with your right hand. Run this portion of cable, in its natural lay, several times over a small round rod or screwdriver that has been clamped in a vise. Do not apply to much pressure on 7X7 cable or the snare will become kinked. The 1X19 cable will take a lot more pressure but you still need to be careful. Practice will teach you how much pressure is needed to provide either cable with a round loop that will close quickly when little pressure is applied to the bottom of the loop.

In the following picture of a well loaded 1X19 cable snare, the loading is to the left of the lock. Load the cable from the lock out, not the cable the lock runs over.
I do build all my snares loaded i put that slight bend into the end of the cable to make a perfect circle (loaded snare) and with new cable it works....but now i have my snares from last year boiled and weatherd from being outside all summer so they have as much natural sent as possible and when i try them out they seem to have more friction between lock and cam...dont close as easy