View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 03:28 PM

My wife and I just started shooting clays together and I got her a Browning Silver Hunter Micro Midas in 20ga. She is also a pretty small lady at about 5'2". Once she got comfortable (we took a lesson) she had no problem with the recoil at all and it is pretty light so she does not get tired after running a couple of boxes through.

A couple of other options are the Weatherby SA-08 and Mossberg SA-20 in their junior/bantam models. Apparently they are the exact same gun (manfactured in Turkey if I remember correctly) but the Mossberg is cheaper. Both of the these guns are cheaper (around half the price) than the Browning however. All of them come apart pretty easy and are easy to clean.

I considered the lesser expensive options at the beginning but I figured if she likes the sport alot then we dont need to upgrade, if she doesn't like it someone would probably pick it up to close to what I paid for it. Good thing she likes it...

Forgot to mention, hitting clays with a 20 is no problem at all.

Good luck in your search.

Last edited by Ryan.M.Anderson; 08-08-2014 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Forgot something.